GOAL Scholarship Program
The Georgia Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit allows Georgia taxpayers to direct their tax dollars to designated independent schools, playing a vital role in improving educational opportunities for K-12 students. The schools, in turn, utilize these funds to enroll deserving students, regardless of their family’s ability to pay full tuition. Each year, this program, combined with support from the CHS Endowment Foundation, Inc., and The Lion Fund, plays a critical role in our financial aid program.
CHS partners with Georgia GOAL, the state's leading Student Scholarship Organization (SSO). GOAL works with over 150 independent schools throughout Georgia and has awarded scholarships to nearly 20,000 deserving students since the program's inception in 2008. Over 185 CHS students receive financial assistance through GOAL each school year.
How to Participate
- Apply anytime between June and December 2022.
- GOAL submits to Georgia Department of Revenue.
- Get approved to contribute.
- Make payment.
- Take the credit.
Apply anytime between June and December 2022.
GOAL submits to Georgia Department of Revenue.
Get approved to contribute.
Take the credit.
Make your gift today!
Tax Credit Limits
- Single individual or head of household - up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return - up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return - up to $1,250
- NEW FOR 2022: Member of an LLC, S Corporation, or Partnership - up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
- C Corporation or Trust - up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability