Georgia Tax Credit Program
IT'S YOUR CHOICE!
You can decide how your state tax dollars are spent! Anyone who pays Georgia state income tax may be eligible for this tax credit. Georgia taxpayers can redirect a portion of their state tax dollars to provide scholarships to new as well as existing students who have qualified for these need-based scholarships. (Please note that money cannot be designated for a specific student.)
Taxpayers can redirect tax dollars based on the following:
- Married filing jointly: up to $2,500 per tax year
- Married filing separately: up to $1,250 per tax year
- Single or Head of Household: up to $1,000 per tax year
- C Corporations: up to %75 of their total liability
Less than $53 million in tax credits are available to Georgia taxpayers wishing to participate in this scholarship program for 2013. The Department of Revenue is anticipating that the funds will be used up early in the year. Please do not miss the opportunity to participate for 2013. Act now!
By helping to provide scholarships to Christian Heritage School students through Faith First Georgia, you will not only provide an opportunity for a student to receive an excellent, Christ-centered education, you will also receive 100% of your donation back as a credit on your Georgia taxes!
Ways to Participate
CHS now has several ways to help you participate in the Tax Credit program.
- Do-It-Yourself: Use the Department of Revenue Form IT-QEE-TP1 and apply for the tax credit yourself. (Click here for detailed instructions.)
- CHS Assistance: Use the "Need Help" form which requires minimal information from you, and then CHS handles the rest.
- Talk to your Accountant: Take the prepared Accountant Letter to your accountant when you take your tax information and see if the Georgia Tax Credit would be a wise use of your tax dollars.
Lastly, if you need more information, we have answers to Frequently Asked Questions. You can also email Mary Beth Shultz, CHS Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (706) 277-1198 ext. 103.
Forms and Downloads
After you donate:
- Form IT-QEE-TP2 for tax return