CHS International Student Program 2012 - 2013
The Christian Heritage School International student program has hosted students from Brazil, China, Korea, and Serbia. It focuses on students of high school age in order to further cultural understanding and the acquisition of English language skills. CHS offers international students the opportunity to become a part of the Christian Heritage School community in this Northwest corner of Georgia by living as a member of their host family: eating meals, conversing, playing, and studying. They are immersed in a new way of life; joining into the culture and community of their host family. Significantly, this happens at a time in their lives when many people make their most long-lasting friendships.
Families hosting International Students add a new perspective to their family. Hosting a student from another country in your home can be a real eye-opener for kids and parents alike. You and your family become more aware of the parts of our culture that are uniquely Christian or American.
An international student’s presence can remind you that there are core family values that we do share with all cultures - love of our families, concern about the future, and joy in our childrens’ accomplishments. It also helps to highlight our Christian faith and provide a hands-on arena to “walk our talk” by loving our neighbor.
Comprehensive Fee Structure for International Student Program:
- Comprehensive Fee -- $14,000: includes application fee, testing fee, enrollment fees, tuition fees, ESOL tutoring fees, school lunch program, books, technology fees, athletic fees, and uniforms.
- Host family stipend -- $1,000/month: is paid separately to family.
- Educational and/or Christian mission-based class field trips: are not included in the comprehensive fee. Field trips range from $200-$2,000 depending on the trip.
- Proof of health insurance: is required for all international students.
- $14,000.00 On Tuition Schedule
- $10,000.00 Host Family
- $ 3,500.00 Personal Funds
- $27,500.00 To Form I-20 A-B
Renny Scott has served on the CHS leadership team for seventeen years. He is a graduate of Yale University (BA ’67), studied at the JFK School of Government at Harvard University (Booth Ferris Fellow at HDS ’68), and holds two Masters Degrees.
Having travelled on five continents to a score of nations, Mr. Scott is committed to the value of cross cultural relations.
Christian Heritage School, founded in 1986, has grown more than tenfold, built a forty acre campus debt free, a multi-million dollar endowment, and a SACS accredited K-12 college preparatory program. Graduates have won tens of thousands of dollars to the college and universities of their choice.